Breaking news!

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 19, 2006

    Life planning

    ...Life Project...
    ...Personal Planning Tool...

    I always have a problem when I try to plan my life. Mostly because what I have as a long term vision changes as my daily life goes by but more important because daily moments catch my breath.

    And I have being wondering why...

    There is a strong tendency to compare life with a project. But I can´t agree that´s enterely right. The first and main reason is that in projects you have due schedule to start and finish but in life, hello! you have already started! and you have simple no idea when will it finish.

    This challenges many concepts use to plan and execute a project, mostly focus on the allocation of resources (the equivalente in life is time) and the investment-return periods (in life their is almost 100% uncertainty).

    As an example, you like to do hiking and your dream is to go hiking in the Andes and you meet the girl of your dreams and she tells you: let´s go! BUT the money you need to go there is the money you were suppossed to use to pay the University, that will give you long term financial sustainability and maybe you can go to the Andes later...

    You can not analyze this as a project because there is not certainty on how long will you be with this girl or how long will you be alive or at least have the ability to walk and or to see...

    But life is not a Systmes neither (sequence of ordered and repeatable activities that transform something into something else)

    So, what it is?

    How do we plan our life? How do we make right decisions? Do we have to?

    Who started complicating ourlifes with such concepts?

    Was it you?

    I miss simple thoughts :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Search This Blog