Breaking news!

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, February 10, 2006

    At the end you remember the beginning...

    January 1998. Sign-in Day.
    Three days after coming back from Down Under –Australia-, I left my place as an Architect and came back as an Engineer… My Dad would say…

    March 2nd, 1998. 7am. Firts day, first class

    The teacher came in and asked two people in the room to stand up and He says to the class: “They represent the percentage of people that will pass this class”; then he asked one of them to sit and He adds: “She represents the percentage of people that will actually get the engineering diploma from this university. Welcome to Calculus I, MA 1001, Group 1. My name is Professor Elvis H…”



    7* years later… I’m still standing!

    (*The program is only 5 years, but I committed 2 years to AIESEC – Best decision ever!)

    Anyways, dumping was never an option to me and I actually got in love with my career since the very first day, even that I didn´t know what was it about…

    The secret is commitment and perseverance, that´s it! Everything else is to make the trip lighter and funnier.

    And at the end you remember the beginning and the people that walked the path with you.

    So many names… I was with almost five generations (97, 98, 99, A0, A1) of some of the best people I have ever met…

    I recall some right now… Javier S and our thirst to see the world, to finish the thesis and to party hard; Javier B the most efficient team ever; “Marianita” who thought me how to be a good person and a better professional - If we were back in ancient Greek times I would have to give her 1% of all my profits (but we are not there, so  ); Wong the beginning of the final success…; Diana, Jules, Eugenius, Caco, Orlando, Tey, Tan, Polilla, Beto, Luis R, Carla F and many others…

    I am satisfied and yes, I keep my promise that one day I will be back in Costa Rica to teach…, about life…, and how to make some cash too  !!!


    The following list contains key words you can use to get me into an intense conversation over a beer, or two, or ….

    AEEG 98-99, Gente U, FECOU, Cálculo, Mosaikos, La Calle, Semana U, Combo ICE, Ingeniería, Semana de Bienvenida, Facto, Amalgama, AIESEC, Rabomoza FC, Ingeniebrios FC, Independiente F.C., Métodos, Planta, Administración, 980631, Soda La U, Donde la Abuela, El Comedor, FEUCR, TCU, Coladero, Vaca Sagrada, RI, AP, P, Matrícula, Guía de Horarios, bolitas, Vacaciones, El Chompipe, Laboratorio, Entrega, Proyecto, Avance, Contraparte, EII, RSE, Bus de la U, Copieco, Pretilear, Primer Ingreso, Hacky, Caccio´s, la Tinoco y la Carlos Monge, Raíces, El Yos, La Villa, Troskos, “Derecho Derecho”, Profe, Asistente, Compa, Chancleta, El Villano, Ali, Imprimir, Minitab, Excel, Visio, C, Visual, Tarjeta, Parqueo, Registro, Moroso, Copa Birrera, Copa Rotativa, El Sapo y la Culebra…

    Memories…

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Search This Blog