Breaking news!

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 01, 2006

    China | Not matter what!

    Last night I dreamt I was in China.

    I felt that I have unfinished business in Costa Rica..., like closing the door of my room and picking up my diploma at the University.

    When I woke up and I realized I was still here and I felt akward.

    I need to get to China. It is a very important step in my life and I have no other real-cool-option than to be there soon.

    Today I spent many hours in the Internet looking for tickets and ways to get there.

    Most affordable tickets are sold out. I found two potential options, both through Russia.

    One is AEROFLOT, the Russian Airline, but I haven't been able to find places and besides the MC have already advice me not to risk it :)

    The other one is the Transiberian. It is a train that goes from Moscow to Beijing in 6 days and half.

    The price in 2nd Class is about USD250 and in 1st Class is USD450. It says that it is very comfortable and secure, besides it gives you the chance to get to know places not many ppl have seen...

    But it is recommendable to make the trip in parts. Travel 2 days and rest 2 days, so that will take around 10 days to make it.

    The food is an issue because meals served in the train are low quality and high price. the best is to bring yourself some or to buy in the 10-15minutes stops in several cities...

    Exploring opportunities is just that, exploring. I hope that I can make the trip Beijing to Moscow in July 08 when I am coming back from the MC term in China. Who is in?

    Who knows.... maybe we can travel by Nashu!

    ---------------------------
    I got in contact with the Chinese Community in Costa Rica and they recommended me their travel agent. She asked me for a couple of days to research on prices... If there is something affordable, she will find it.

    On the other hand, next week I will get an asnwer from my sponsor to see if he can raise his support.

    China is big, I can't miss it! :)

    6 comments:

    1. Ok well...about Transiberian, i really like the idea, you know!. But i think, it's not the appropiate situation to do it. So, i hope you can figure this out and in the future invite me to join you at Transiberian as we planned a few months ago. jajajaja
      Good Luck!

      ReplyDelete
    2. man, your map looks better than mine...

      ReplyDelete
    3. oh, one more thing...

      lucia, you plan to go to china with the transsib? when?

      ReplyDelete
    4. i don't know yet,i'm waiting for Juan's invitation.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Transiberian, Transiberian...

      To be honest, it is too much time to do it by myself.

      I will need to travel with a group, and getting off in the little cities, actually the little cities is my favourite part.

      Come on! In the picture of ppl eating, the train seems like and Accelerat (Romanian stylish train)

      Can you imagine yourself in there for 5.5 days...?

      Ps: My map? Culture of Excellence!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Be sure.. After this travel to China your map will have a dramatic change... jeje

      But, pleaseeeeeee, it´s time to buy a camera, and assure it the any way possible for not lose it..! cause I need the whole photographic record of that adventure..

      ReplyDelete

    Search This Blog