Breaking news!

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 07, 2006

    Sicker | Networking also heals!

    Well, friday night was bad.

    I was coughing so badly that my parents couldn't sleep anymore. We were thinking that it was the injections doing their thing... And they were doing their thing, the wrong thing!

    By Saturday afternoon I was very bad, so we decided to go to another Doctor. The problem was that I haven't visited a real Doctor since I was a kid... So my mum called the Pediatrician :) He said He was sorry bad I was too old for him now :)

    Therefore, we went to a Clinic where I usually go when I have broken fingers, knees or ancles :) And in the door I met and old friend of my brother who happens to be a Doctor now... So he checked me.

    He did it good!

    Seriously, I have never been checked like yesterday. I think He was a little scared when he saw my face that He just wanted to be sure...

    After tests, X-Rays and some asthmatic threatments, He realized what I really have.

    Apparently, I have being sick for a few months now. That's why my Costa Ricans friends are always annoying me with the "You are always sick! Maybe you don't want to go out with us!"

    The story started after I came back from Romania in March last year, when I got sick for over a month just after going to Mal País Beach. Then in July when Lucki came and again in rainy October. For a week in Romania after NPS. In January after COCAS. In April after Colombia. And now in May, after LC Coaching in Panama...

    The problem was that "flema" got dried in my "Bronquios" at some piont during the sequence of colds. So, every time a little infection would attack me and I would have soft asthma attacks... And the Doctor I was visiting before was healing the infections but not lung problems.

    On friday, what happened was that I got an injection with Aínes (NSAIDS) and really made the whole thing worst.

    Now, for the next 15 days I have to take extra care of myself. Meaning:
    • Pills cocktail
    • Vitamin C
    • Inhalations (some recommended me marihuana tea or rubbing it against the chest...)
    • Not getting wet in the rain (yes, rainy season is arriving...)
    • No sports :( and others...
    • Potential delayed to trip to Beijing until the Doctor says I am ready (maybe until 2nd week of June..., not sure yet)
    For life:
    • No smoking :)
    • No Aínes (NSAIDS)
    • Taking care of colds and flu (Translation: no more futbol on rainy days, no more sleeping in wet floors, no more 10hrs trip under snow, no + chicken ;)...)
    • Adding a whole point for Health in my 10 thinGs before leaving the PlayGround
    ...Health...
    Something I always thought I will always have

    Do you think you are indestructible?

    1 comment:

    1. Realmente no es muy bueno leer que estas enfermo.. :(
      Hey! cuidate en serio, porque de malestares pendejos vienen problemas más grandes.
      Ojo con ese tratamiento con marihuana, no?
      Tampoco es para que termines peor o con otro mal alterno.. jeje

      Un abrazo y espero que te mejores muy muy pronto..

      +1
      Ale

      ReplyDelete

    Search This Blog