Breaking news!

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 23, 2006

    MC CAS 05-06 | Closing a chapter

    An exchange of e-mails and chats with Ruth Bertens (former MCP Costa Rica), during the last months of my traineeship in Romania helped me decide to ran for MCVP PD in AIESEC CAS.

    I just couldn't quit AIESEC and not bringing back a little of the opportunities I received from AIESEC Romania. My willing to be in the MC were so strong that I actually decided not to run for VP Exchange, where I think I have better skills, in order to cover a position nobody wanted in CAS - VP People Development.

    It was so funny because at that time I nearly new nothing about PD, I remember long talks with Rada (VP PD Cluj Napoca), Stefan, Gabi, Lucki of course, and Pode about PD. I studied as hard as I study for an exam :)

    I got elected after missing the interview due to a Conference in Poland ;) Good I had no competition!

    What was about to come was not close to any of my expectations.

    A team of 6 people from 4 different countries, very diverse AIESEC experience, personalities and wishes.

    Today when we are almost done I can only remember with happiness our term.

    And the reason is simple. I did what I felt with all my passion. Sometimes I failed, sometimes I didn't. Ah! sometimes Maga wanted to kill me too :)

    The people in CAS is very special, very professional and motivated but furthermore good people, the kind of people we need to go beyond our own limits.

    But I want to thank the MC for never giving up. It was hard and I know some of you were taking to the extreme, an extreme I am not sure I could overcome. I just wanted you to know that I am aware of that and I admire your determination and courage, I admire you.

    ThanX CAS!
    NikoLight 4 Ever!

    MC CAS 05-06 at Panama Bay

    Kike (Mex), Sarah (USA), Coyo (PAN), Wanda (PAN), Juan (CR) and Maga (CR)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Search This Blog