Breaking news!

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 29, 2009

    Do you want to make a difference?

    I hope you are reading this post because you want to make a difference.

    My best advise is: assume your choice.

    Making a difference is not an easy job. That's the whole point!

    Most likely in the beginning you don't even know how to start. You won't find information that back up your hypotheses. You won't find any cheer-leaders to support you and help go through. Actually the people that opposes the change you are proposing happen to be quiet smart!

    And that's why, if you want to make a difference it needs to be your choice!

    Because only in that way you won't complain, since your expectations are on you making a difference and not in the others making that difference.

    You won't look for excuses because the excuses don't take you any closer to your goal and you are too busy trying to make a difference.

    I love very much my country and it also happens that I agree with the thoughts contained in this article: http://www.nacion.com/ln_ee/2009/abril/26/opinion1944940.html (Spanish only) (Summary: let's stop blaming the US and let's start focusing on what we can do to move forward as a region)

    What the President of my country didn't mention is that the place where you are born is not what determines your ability to make a difference.

    I deeply believe that people who is able to make a difference is a consequence of their own choices and the discipline they delivered on them time after time.

    Make your choice.

    2 comments:

    1. Juan

      I love this article that you wrote. Spceially what you wrote about what your President forgot to mention. Its so true. If we look around, we can easily find that so many people who were born with the gifts of social and health security and has a very steady life and yet very afraid to make changes or even hardly think about changing. I rather see people coming from countries who faces different levels of challenges coming forward to make some radical changes. Keep up the great writing. I am waiting for the next one

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love this post, I think is sooo true what you say on it.
      sepu

      ReplyDelete

    Search This Blog