Breaking news!

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, April 25, 2009

    Diversity and inclusiveness

    I have been around global organizations and international exchange programs for more than 11 years now. I have lived over 1 year in 5 countries of 3 continents. I didn't know the language of any of the countries in the moment I arrived, now I speak two of them and feel deeply connected to the people i met there.

    Today, I am addicted to diverse and dynamic environments. I love the mix of colours, smells, textures, thoughts, perspectives, accents, music and everything that makes our world unique.

    Nevertheless, I have also witness and experience the challenges that arise from diverse environments and diverse communities of people.

    I believe that the root of the issue relies in the fact that it is 'natural' for us to connect with individuals and environments that are familiar to us.

    The 'natural' is, in most of the cases, the right thing to do. We always look at ecosystems to find ways to live in balance with ourselves and our sorroundings. We analyze the natural interactions and replicate them to generate things like energy and even boost the productivity of connections between people.

    I also believe that the value human beings bring to this world relies on the fact that we can appreciate what is natural but at the same time challenge it and make it better.

    I believe that inclusiveness makes human beings unique and valuable. Inclusiveness is, in my opinion, the missing link to build thriving and dynamic creative environments. It is the key to start find ways to connect in unexpected ways what we already know.


    Being inclusive is challenging. It is challenging when you know you need to it, when you choose you want to do it, when you fail trying to do it. It is a selfless exercise and it rewards you with a life changing experience.


    Explore. Discover. Evolve.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Search This Blog