Breaking news!

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 24, 2007

    Mi tierra

    I talked today with my family for the second time since I am in China.
    It was so nice to hear my parents' voice and the noises of Costa Rica in the back.
    A couples of days ago, some norwegians asked me to tell them three interesting facts about Costa Rica...
    The first was very reactionary... "Countries like yours pay us to keep the Earth clean" :)
    But then, I told them about the Peace and the Economy.
    The thing is..., they would have never understand if I tell them about the smell of the forrest, or the noise of the rain in the roof, or the sing of the yiguirros...
    Something I really miss is how close and blue is the sky... It feels like if you put your hand up you will touch it... Maybe that's why we don't like tall building - not earthqueakes related :)
    Well, this is week is Semana U...
    I guess some ppl will have some stories to tell in the future :)

    2 comments:

    1. Hmmm,
      Well, in my short stop in your country I just have some impressions:

      -People are soooo kind and funny as well (sorry but I still find funny the "R" thing! :P)
      -Green in everywhere! the nature! and cute animals.
      -The most delicious chocolate ever (please bring me chocolates Britt de Maracuyáaa", !!)
      -A lot of gringos!
      -The weird thing: No addresses!!

      I hope to go back again for a longer scale! :)

      Saludos,

      ReplyDelete
    2. just reminded me of how much i miss brazil... and how difficult it is for anyone to understand that i miss the noise at night that keeps me up, the chaos, the lack of process orientation :) hope you are good. love. c.

      ReplyDelete

    Search This Blog