Breaking news!

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, March 07, 2009

    Re-discovering, re-defining

    In less than 5 months my contract will finish and I have already started to put together some toughts on how and where to move forward.

    I started with my CV, which I mentioned in the post Job Wanted, and now I feel that I am moving forward for a deeper research on my values, interests and passions.

    I have done a lot of reflection this week, mostly fueled by the fact that my team got quite shaken with the pressure of IPM and we all needed to review our behaviours, their source and their impact in the whole.

    As part of this exercise, I tried to bring together what I call my fundamental values. Those behaviours or that environment that I constantly try to build around me to make sure I can perform at my best:

    1. Trust. I trust you and I suspend my judgments until I give you the chance to understand my context and explain me yours.
    2. Loyalty. I stand for my organization (AIESEC) and my team (AI), therefore my behavior seeks to make these entities more meaningful.
    3. Freedom. I take team goals as mine and I achieve them in the way that better fits me considering the connections with others and taking care of the team resources.
    4. Reach out. I ask for what I need, I communicate my admiration, proposals and complaints to the right person (individually) at the right time because one day I want to be a agent of positive change.
    5. Integrity. I do what I say. If I fail, I apologize and take responsibility first, then I do something so that next time it will happen as I promised.
    6. Forgiveness. Crashes of expectations are opportunities to tune relations to a higher level and for me to understand where you are coming from.
    7. Authenticity. I tried to be humble enough to show who I really am and to try to make myself better everyday.
    And these are my main interests:
    1. Growth and achievement. I believe that if something is great then my responsibility is to bring it to as many people and organizations as possible. That could change the world.
    2. Supporting others. I can easily empathize with the passions of other people which encourages me to make myself available to support them achieving.
    3. Networks of People. I see them like the key milestone for great achievements.
    4. Sharing of resources. Enabling the flow of individuals, money and knowledge around the networks of people.
    5. International environment. Committing and achieving with individuals from different countries/territories.
    6. Hardcore management. Desigining and implementing strategies, culture, structures, JDs and training for people to perform at their best and make sure the organization achieves.
    I find this process of discovery more emotional than I expected. I find myself getting easily excited about new opportunities and generating thousands of great ideas on a daily basis. At the same time, the fact that I can't start right away makes me slow down and then feel ungrounded.

    At the end I like it, I feel that I have an blank page in front of me and than in my hand I have all of these colorful pencils very sharp and ready to be used.

    3 comments:

    1. Mae, todo lo mejor con este proceso. Va a salir todo bien :)

      Un abrazote!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I always love your metaphors. I actually was feeling hyper and bought brand new happy markers to let my creativity loose and a new notebook with blank pages - no lines. :) MISS YOU! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Anonymous1:11 PM

      fain post :)

      ReplyDelete

    Search This Blog