Breaking news!

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, October 23, 2008

    Growth

    Our organization is aiming to grow 100% in the last quarter of the year (October, November and December) compare with the same period of 2007.

    The decision to grow 100% is based in what is left to achieve our 2008 goals and what we have in process and almost ready to be delivery.

    From my point of view, the challenges to achieve such ambition are organizational focus and members mindset.

    The first challenge is to keep a relevant part of our organization focusing on: (1) matching our students with the opportunities we have available, (2) recruit new students intersted in development work and education, (3) and sell more management internships.

    The second challenge is the mindset. I have came to realize that not everyone feels comfortable with the verb 'grow' and more interesting that some of us have the tendency to separate growth from quality, as if those aspects would make sense indepedently from each other.

    Let me give you an example, a Pizza place is decided to sell more pizzas. When a customer orders a pizza, his/her first expectation is to get the pizza (deliver our promise) and then enjoy the pizza at an affordable price (sustainably). In that way, the customer will come back next time and bring friends along (exponential grow).

    Growth in the scale of 100% can only be achieve when the focus and the mindset are aligned and when we bring the organization together building synergies around our common goals.

    Check out this video from our partners talking about the 100% Growth Campaign:



    2 comments:

    1. And I will love the pizza to be a GOOD pizza!!!
      So quality it is inserted within the whole framework...
      I want to get the pizza [delivery] and then I want a good pizza [quality], however it is pretty OBVIOUS that if I do not get the pizza I cannot measure its quality... If I don't get the pizza I will never know if it is good or not...

      Members and MCs that say they do not grow because that will affect their quality will never grow, and will never be sustainable since they will never have the chance to learn how to make better pizzas a big scale if they do not start by doing more pizzas... And as pizza place manager you will never get a bigger kitchen and restaurant if you do not get more customers and sell more pizzas first, you need the money and it is the growing process what pulls the rest...

      Numbers go first, and then quality can be measured, and processes aligned to increase quality. Only focusing on quality the organization will never grow, focusing on numbers the organization will grow and learn to generate more quality...

      And at the end of the day, I have been to many pizza places with friends where they have loved the pizzas and I have hated them...

      Same with exchanges, the same X that was crappy for a person can be the life-changing XP other person is aiming at [I love tiny crunchy dough when other love think soft dough]...

      I think I made the point clear :P

      Juan keep on posting, this is awesome...

      Cheers,

      Dey

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for this example :D It is my star example now days when I talk about 100% growth! Keep posting!

      ReplyDelete

    Search This Blog